Books for the TBR Pile 'Christmas Shopping Almost Done...' Edition

Yep, I missed a post yesterday... I'd had a nice little run of posts but it had to come an end and that's exactly what happened :o) Christmas basically, that's what it was, that and hanging out with my kids and ex-wife; loads of stuff to get done and not much time to do it all... The blog took the hit this time round, I think the closer we get to Christmas (and the couple of days afterwards where I get over having overindulged) the more likely it is that there will be a few more days that 'go missing' here. Lets see how we do ;o)

In the meantime though... I've been paid and a bout of book shopping has been long overdue... so that's exactly what I did on Friday :o) It was great, I took a day off and visited a couple of favourite second hand book shops that I haven't been to for a couple of months. Oh yes, and Forbidden Planet as well ;o) Do you want to see what came home with me? Let me show you...


I told you I was going to start collecting these again ;o) Notting Hill Comic Exchange wasn't as well stocked as normal (Covid, I'd imagine) but it did have these three books and I made sure that they came back with me, to be read as and when I fancy reading a little 'Conan' (or just looking at those covers which are just gorgeous). Those weren't the only books that I bought from Notting Hill Comic Exchange though...


I still haven't read anything by Tim Powers so thought a short story collection might be a good way of finding out more about his work before tackling a full length novel. To be picked up and read... Sooner than you might think. Or not, you probably know by now that I do like to throw short stories to the blog fairly regularly ;o)
'The Lair of the White Worm' is one of those books that I've always meant to try but never seen a copy to pick up... Until Friday, that is, when I did... So I did ;o) To be read... Oh I don't know, I put it down on a pile a books and now I can't see it...


And then I went into 'Forbidden Planet' where I really tried to be good (I was actually looking for a present for my eldest daughter...) but still took advantage of the sale and picked up 'Gaze of the Medusa', a comic book featuring the Fourth Doctor. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw this book featured this week as it's going to be a busy one and I don't want my reads to be too involved.
Same deal with 'Cimmerian' which I picked up because I fancied a little more fantasy reading, in my comics fare, and this was the only thing on the shelf that looked like it would deliver. I am totally unfamiliar with this title but it's a fairly safe bet that I should possibly go back and read #1 first...


And last but not least... I picked these books up yesterday while waiting for my daughters to finish up in the cinema. I suspect these books will go straight on the 'fancy something different' TBR Pile (for reading at some yet to be determined date) but I do remember enjoying 'The Maltese Falcon', way back in the day, so hopefully there will be more of the same in these two books. Fingers crossed...

And that's it for this week ;o) Are there any books here that caught your eye or that you think I should read right now this very second? Leave a comment and let a chap know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.