Books for the TBR Pile... 'Slightly more restrained than normal' Edition

Because the day before payday, I had about 60p in my account and I really want to do better than that this month. That's the plan anyway, we're off to Greenwich tomorrow and the Oxfam there is always a good bet for some decent fantasy and horror. Lets see how it all goes, shall we...?

It's a bit of a late post today because it's been a bit of a day really, one of those days where everyone in the house is fighting something off and you end up wondering if Covid has found its way in again. Sue and I took a test and thankfully, we're both good :o) Looks like the kids have caught a nasty cold and we're just fighting it off, because that's what the weekend is for...

So, not as much book buying as you'd normally see but I have treated myself to a couple of bits off Amazon and came across a book I fancied while looking for shoes. Come, take a look (at the books, not the shoes...)


I told you I'd be having a copy of 'Songs of the Dying Earth' ;o) I really enjoyed 'The Good Wizard' and 'A Night at the Tarn House' so I thought I'd bite the bullet and get the whole collection, it looks like Tad Williams has a story in it so that's what I'll be reading next. Don't expect a review of the whole book, this will be more about dipping in and out, of short stories, as and when. 'Grey Sister' was a chance find in the Lewisham Scope shop; I've got a lot of catching up to do with Mark Lawrence's work (and I mean a lot) but 'Grey Sister' is on the pile now and I will get round to it eventually.


I love 'Head Lopper' and it's always a bit of a treat when I realise that there's a new book to be read. Seriously, read my reviews for Book 1, Book 2 and Book 3. I was idly mooching through Amazon and searched for 'Head Lopper', just to see if there was anything new to read. There was, so I bought it ;o) Have some blurb,

With high stakes action and big imagination, Norgal and Agatha embark on a quest to find an invisible staircase to the heavens, atop which sits Mulgrid the All-Knowing. With dark assassins everywhere, Norgal hopes the aid of Mulgrid will give him the upper hand. Slashing their way through gorgons, bombing their way past gargantuan spiders, and navigating the politics of a kingdom on the brink of collapse, the fellowship must make teamwork a priority to survive.

Collects HEAD LOPPER #13-16

I've got a couple of books that I really need to finish first but don't be too surprised if you see this book make an appearance over the next few days. Of course it will ;o)

And that's me for this week :o) Any of these books take your fancy? Have you already read them? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.