‘Creepshow’ – Season 3, Episode 4: ‘Stranger Sings’ & ‘Meter Reader'

I wasn't planning on another 'Creepshow' post quite so soon but I had a little look on Prime earlier (just on the off chance) and it turned out they'd got their act together and put Episode 4 up on time. Who'd have thought it...? ;o) I won't go on too much here, because I did all that yesterday, but lets just say that all of a sudden, 'Creepshow' has become a little bit of a 'must watch' show so I was all over this episode. Was it any good though? Let me tell you.


'Stranger Sings'

A Siren lures a doctor into her trap to carry out a diabolical plan.

I ended up loving this story but maybe not for the reasons that it wanted me to. There are a couple of half decent jump scares but it ended up being this really sweet story about a nerdy doctor who was kind of looking for love and maybe found it when he was least expecting. Okay, the Siren did threaten to kill him, to start off with, but even so... 'Stranger Sings' ended up being kind of adorable really, just with a couple of bits that made you jump and a little glimpse of Siren (although I'd say it was more Harpy...) that reminded us what the stakes really were. Still, 'adorable' was somehow what I needed today so I'll take it ;o)


Meter Reader'

A teenage girl must fight off a demonic plague when she realizes her family might be infected.

Now this one... This story had potential, especially the beginning which was straight out of 'Ash vs Evil Dead' (and in a good way). The demonic virus was a neat concept too with enough parallels to our own situation, in particular the way COVID is being handled, to draw and maintain interest. Loads of just the right atmosphere and action but either the plot had trouble keeping up or I had trouble following it at a key moment and it didn't seem to flow after that point; almost like it didn't want to follow its own rules. I don't know but while I wouldn't mind seeing more stories in this setting, I need to watch 'Meter Reader' again; just to get my head round what happened... or didn't.

Not a bad episode then but not up to the standards of episodes 2 & 3 (which I suspect are the new benchmark for the Season). Still enjoyed it though, I'm very much here for the long haul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.