Books for the TBR Pile, 'Feeling Sore and Grumpy' Edition...

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday... I took my gouty foot over to my ex's for a spot of child sitting, only to have one of the girl's friends to take it as a personal challenge, to wreak havoc, when I asked him to be careful round my foot. He looked me in the eye, grinned, and then stamped down as hard as he possibly could... I was in no mood to be posting stuff here after that! Ouch...

But you're here for the book pics aren't you? Lets talk books...

It's a bit of an odd haul this week as most of the books are already on my shelves, just with different covers, editions etc. I'm no book collector but I'm finding that I like to have all the different editions so... maybe I'm starting to turn into a little bit of a book collector? I don't know, maybe... (and that doesn't bode well for my tiny flat!) Lets take a look,


'The House on the Borderland'  is the only book here that I don't already have a copy of. (I know...) I saw it cheap on eBay and had to jump on it before anyone else did. I wouldn't mind reading 'The House on the Borderland' before Halloween but lets see how other books go first. Fingers crossed though!
I already have a copy of 'The Anvil of Ice' (reviewed Here) but not as a Fantasy Masterwork. I think it is so grabbed a copy of that too :o) I really need to re-read the rest of the series at some point...


I don't need to say anything else about 'The Sword and the Stallion' because I said a whole load of stuff over Here ;o) I'd never seen that cover before so had to grab it.
'The Ice Schooner' though... I have a couple of editions, sat on the shelf, already but I've never covered it here and maybe I should do something about that sooner rather than later. Could well be a November or December read, lets see.


It's been ages since I read 'The Chronicles of Castle Brass' so I'm not a hundred percent sure but I've got a sneaky feeling that what's on the covers here bears no resemblance to what's in the actual books... We'll see when I get round to reading them, which may not be for a while as I need to re-read the 'Hawkmoon' books first.

And that's that for this week ;o) Any books here take your fancy? I'm running out of shelf space here so I don't know how many more of these posts I'm going to do to be honest...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.