Books for the TBR Pile... 'Still Bloody Aches...' Edition

Excuse my moaning but I'm not quite over having that tooth out the other day... Fair play to the dentist though, if this is what it feels like now, I can only imagine what the local anaesthetic was covering when the tooth came out. And to be fair, I'm the only one to blame for my tooth being in that state in the first place! But anyway, a couple more days and hopefully that will be that :o)

It feels like I say this every week but you didn't come here to hear me moan about dental work, did you? You did...? Well, the opening paragraph will have to do because it's all about the books from here on in... I've been in a happy little fog of it's my birthday/I've just been paid/I got my bonus for the past week so that time has been spent filling in a few holes in my shelves. Replacing books that I had to get rid of, that kind of thing. Not a bad week all in all then, lets take a look at what I bought...


The 'Conan' book (which is suspiciously slender for an 'Epic Collection' but we'll say no more...) has a Conan/Elric teamup that I've been meaning to buy for ages, ever since I had to sell the last one I owned anyway. I'm hoping to get to this book soon but before that... 'Hillbilly'.
Last week I showed you my purchase of 'Volume Four' but at the back of my mind, I knew that I had to find 'Volume Three' first... And so I did. I'll be reading it this week so look out for a review soon.


I actually own the series on Kindle but I've always fancied owning the paperbacks as well because look at them :o) One day I'll find another copy of 'Dark Crusade' but not right now. They're a touch on the expensive side but I've paid all my debts off so thought I'd treat myself to these two books before someone else did. I've been meaning to do a 'Kane' (re)read, I'm coming close to the end of the 'Elric' books so maybe these two books will feature fairly soon...? We'll see.


And last but not least... 'The Copper Promise' replaces an old copy that I had to say goodbye to (which was a real shame as that copy was signed). I've got a few books that I have to read first but I'm looking forward to getting all reacquainted soon. 'Ecko Rising' is a book that I owned a long time ago and somehow never picked up (I got all burned out on reading and 'Ecko Rising' was one of the casualties). Again, it's not on the 'immediate TBR' but it's not far away either. And finally... If there's a new Guy N.Smith to be read, I'm all over it. You'll probably see that one feature a lot sooner, October is nearly here after all ;o)

And that is once again that, for this week anyway. Any books here that catch your eye?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.