Books for the TBR Pile... 'Not The Normal Sunday Post' Edition

I'm not going to lie, the kids have been running me ragged this week and while that's not a bad thing (it's been a great week off so far), it's left me with very little inspiration for stuff to post here. Seriously... You should see what I'm thinking about posting tomorrow... ;o) Yeah, I really need to get the hang of talking my blog up, don't I?

While the my daughters have constantly been asking 'what should we do now?', I've been getting my revenge by forcing them to indulge me whenever we've gone anywhere near a charity shop that I haven't been in for a while (or even a charity shop that I'd been in the day before, I'm really not fussy). I may be off work for the week but the 'Book Hunt' never stops, not even for holidays ;o) And as luck would have it, I've had some awesome finds turn up over the last couple of days and I couldn't wait until the end of the week to show them off. Here goes..


This was the standout find for me :o) I finally get to complete my 'Dark Empire' collection (I know, it's only two books but you know what I mean...) and both books only cost a pound. I'm all for supporting new books but there's this whole other world where you can find cool stuff and help charities (the Red Cross, this time round). My 'Dark Empire Re-Read' will be kicking off very soon...


This one was a little more expensive (all of five whole pounds..) but just as cool. My 'Reading Day', on Friday, is filling up already :o) I've read precisely 'hardly any' of Roy Thomas' 'Conan' work so am looking forward to getting a taste here.


And last but not least... I finally get to read about the Fall of Gondolin without feeling guilty for skipping large chunks of 'The Silmarillion' (which is a good book but damn it can be dry at times...) My eldest daughter is just getting into 'The Lord of the Rings' so give it a little while and this book could turn out to be a good gateway into the First and Second Ages for her. We'll see but I'm going to enjoy reading it in the meantime.

And that's that :o) I'm going to go and figure out what tomorrow is going to look like, both with the girls and the blog. In the meantime, don't be shy, leave a comment if any of these books caught your eye...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.