Cover Art! 'Suburban Gothic' - Brian Keene & Bryan Smith (Deadite Press)

I love 'Deadite Press' cover art (I have a lot of their books on my Kindle and it's really annoying how it my Kindle jumps straight to the story instead letting me spend some time with the artwork first...) so while I'm waiting for the last episode of 'Loki' to turn up, I thought we could take a look at the cover to a book that I have been waiting for a long old time...


It's been too long since I last read 'Urban Gothic', and I've never read Bryan Smith's 'Freakshow' (I need to do something about that before 'Suburban Gothic' lands), so I have no idea who these two are... My initial impressions are that 'pumpkin headed guy' either really likes being on the cover (look at that little smile!) or that he's keen to get to fucking people up with that tree he's carrying... Either way, he's going to have a great time, you can tell ;o)
The other one? I'm calling them 'The Ringmaster', for now, and they'd be a hell of a lot easier to read if they weren't wearing someone else's face...! I'm loving it though as there has never been such a thing as a boring mutant ringmaster wearing someone else's skin. Can you think of one? No, you can't, because there isn't such a thing. All of that, on the one cover, has really got me looking forward to the end of the month when I can finally have a read (The Thunderstorm Books edition was very tempting but one look at my bank balance was all the encouragement I needed to wait a little longer).
And now, have some blurb...

The Westgate Galleria Mall was once a sprawling, shining temple to American consumerism and suburban growth. Now, it is a crumbling reminder of how both have fallen -- an architectural ghost, haunting the outskirts of society. That makes it the perfect filming location for a YouTube channel devoted to the exploration of abandoned places. But the mall isn't as empty as it seems, and the residents have sinister, obscene plans for them. Now, with daylight still hours away, both the hunters and the hunted will fight to stay alive...and desperately try to make it home.

Two and a bit weeks to go... That gives me enough time to re-read 'Urban Gothic' and grab a copy of/read 'Freakshow' at the same time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.