Cover Art! Italian Editions of Brian Keene's 'Ghoul' and 'City of the Dead'
It's going to be one of those weeks where not a lot of reading happens so lets see what else I can fill it with, starting from... Now! ;o)
I've never been one for understated cover art on any books that I read. The way I see it, if you're enjoying what you're reading then let everyone know about it (taking public decency into account of course, I'll never forget seeing this guy, in the Trocadero Centre, being told to either put his porn mag away or find somewhere else to read it...) This is especially the case with horror fiction and I, being a child of the 80's it was inevitable really. It was all over the place back then and it's always good to see it pop out of the shadows these days. Yeah, I'm feeling slightly nostalgic but I also like seeing what horror can do and the first place you see it is on the cover of a book or DVD.
Which brings me round to these Italian covers for Brian Keene's 'Ghoul' and 'City of the Dead'. I speak no Italian whatsoever, so won't be buying copies, but I think we can all take a moment and just admire the chilling intensity of the 'Ghoul' cover along with the 'there's no doubt that's a zombie' zombie on the cover for 'City of the Dead'. THAT is the kind of thing that I love seeing grace the covers of horror books, more of that all round please?
There is something in the local cemetery that comes out at night. Something that is unearthing corpses and killing people. It’s the summer of 1984 and Timmy and his friends are looking forward to no school, comic books, and adventure. But instead they will be fighting for their lives. The ghoul has smelled their blood and it is after them.
But that’s not the only monster they will face this summer...
Cities are overrun with legions of the undead, intent on destroying what's left of the living. Trapped inside a fortified skyscraper, a handful of survivors prepare to make their last stand against an unstoppable, merciless enemy. With every hour their chances diminish and their numbers dwindle, while the ranks of the dead continue to rise. Because sooner or later, everything dies. And then it comes back, ready to kill.
These are both limited editions so if you speak Italian and fancy copies, click Here to pre-order 'Ghoul' and Here to pre-order 'City of the Dead'. For non-Italian speakers, I'd recommend that you pick up these books in your language of choice as they are both amazing reads. Seriously, you won't regret it ;o)


Comments
Post a Comment