Books for the TBR Pile... 'All About the Charity Shops' Edition

 If you have ever wondered why you never find any interesting looking books in charity shops (well, in Lewisham, anyway), I'm a little bit embarrassed about it but have to confess that it's all because I generally get there first. If I'm halfway between A & B and see a charity shop along the way, I have to stop off and have a quick browse through the bookshelves. I won't say that I can't help it (because I probably could) but that's how it ends up more often than not. I love not knowing what will be on the shelves, there could be nothing worth picking up at all... or there could be something amazing. You never know until you look.

This week's post is all about what the British Heart Foundation shop (in Lewisham town centre) threw my way when I popped my head round the door. I don't know when I'll be getting round to these books, I've got a lot of other books to get through first, but I fond some good ones over the last few days. Lets take a look...


I told you, the other week, that I'd finally found a copy of 'The Name of the Wind'. Well, the lovely lady in the British Heat Foundation shop put these two books to one side until I got paid and could come and get them. I got paid (which already seems like far too long ago now) so that's just what I did. I read 'The Name of the Wind' many years ago now, and loved it, but never read on with the series, mostly because I wasn't sure if the series would ever finish... I'm still not sure but have wondered what I'm missing out on in the meantime so here I am with all of the books (so far). I'm really not sure when I'll get round to these, they're not urgent reads (now I have them) but if I could get 'The Name of the Wind' finished this year, I think I'd be doing well. Lets see...


And here are the rest of the books that I found in the British Heart Foundation shop (over several visits). I've already read 'Juggernaut' (a few years ago though) but remember enjoying it enough, back then, that I fancied another go at it now. Definitely a summer read so maybe a review by September? Maybe...
I'm slowly collecting the 'Flashman' books and then I need to get acquainted with the reading order... Depending on how that goes, maybe you'll see a 'Flashman and the Dragon' post soon(ish). Or maybe not, I still need to finish 'The God Is Not Willing' before I read anything else.
And last but not least... 'Enemy of God'. I think the first book is under my bed, somewhere, so need to read that first; I couldn't resist picking up 'Enemy of God' when I saw it though :o)

And that's that for this week :o) Any books here that you'd like me to trample all over my 'current TBR pile' for? And you (re)reading Rothfuss or are you hanging on for that last book...? Leave a comment and let me know...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.