Books for the TBR Pile... 'He hates Baggins!' Edition

This week's 'Books for the TBR Pile' is brought to you by this little guy, lurking on my DVD shelf and constantly on the lookout for tricksy Hobbitses...


I don't normally buy Funko Pops anymore (although I will quite happily pretend I never said that if I see a Pinhead Pop anywhere...) but I saw this little guy shoved up a corner, in the Lewisham Traid shop, and couldn't help myself... I had to have him, I suspect he will be my 'desk buddy' starting on Monday, we'll see ;o)

But you didn't come here just to see what new toy I bought this week (unless you did... bloody good timing there!) It's Sunday and that means we're all about the books here.Well, the books that found their way back to mine, you know what I mean. It's a bit of a 'cheat post' today as I already got all excited about two of the books and posted pics, on Twitter, literally the second I'd unwrapped them. If you didn't see them on Twitter though, here they are now...


I've been waiting a long time for a cheap(ish) copy of this to turn up on Amazon and when it finally did, I was all over it. This is purely a 'nostalgia hit', I loved my Fighting Fantasy books, back in the day, but never managed to own a copy of 'Titan', a big old history of the world on which all the adventures took place. Well, apart from 'Robot Commando', 'Talisman of Death', 'Freeway Fighter' and... you know what I mean ;o) 
I've been dipping in and out of this over the weekend so far, a post is imminent...


I've read nearly all of Gemmell's fantasy works but I've never read his 'Troy' books, have you? I saw this in the Cancer Research shop and figured now was the time to give it a go. Well, after I read 'Lord of the Silver Bow' first (which has been ordered and is on the way).


And yes, I did post a picture of this on Twitter, the other day, but I'm still all excited about getting a copy so I'm posting about it again. 'My Blog, My Rules', or something like that...
I've got a horrible feeling that it will be a while before I finish the main series (I keep coming unstuck on 'Dust of Dreams' for some reason) so 'The God is Not Willing' seems like a good way to get back into this world in the meantime. And I've read 'House of Chains' already so am not anticipating the 'head-fuckery' that I subjected myself to when I decided to start the main series on 'Memories of Ice', shortly after waking up from nose surgery... Now that was a day :o)
I've got another book on the go, right now, but 'The God is Not Willing' is next up after that.

And there you go, not a lot of books this week but I suspect they will all end up being differing shades of awesome so it all balances out. Are there any there that you think I should be reading first? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.