Books for the TBR Pile... 'Feeling Rough...' Edition

 Nothing major, just ate something (or lots of things) that decided to disagree with me. You'd think I'd learn but... Anyway... Today has been mostly about sleeping it off and will shortly be about watching some absolutely awful films while I wake up a bit; I've already set the scene a little by watching 'Zombeavers' :o) Right now though, the bit in between is about me showing off some of the books that found their way to mine over the last week. Last week was about what you can find in charity shops, if you really go digging, today is more about what I can end up buying if I'm having a rough week and want to cheer myself up a little. It wasn't the worst week ever, it was a heavy one though so I found my way online and bought...


These two books are me replacing old copies that got lost in all the house moves that I made a few years ago (it's amazing how many books didn't make it...) 'Non-Stop' was an Amazon deal that I couldn't pass up on while 'The Shrinking Man' is going to sit very nicely next to 'I am Legend' on my shelf. I reckon you'll probably see at least one of these in my 'June TBR Challenge'...


I've had my eye on 'Reap the East Wind' for a while now and when I saw that Amazon had it for £2.99, I couldn't say no really :o) I will be reading it at some point, just need to figure out the reading order for the 'Dread Empire' series...
I'm no scholar of Lovecraft (I stretch to 'I enjoy his work, shame he was a racist though...') but I've read a number of his stories. What I haven't read though is 'At the Mountains of Madness' so I thought I'd grab myself a copy and have a read (not sure when that will be, we'll see). I really need to stop going on Amazon when I'm having a tough day...

A shorter post than last week then but even so, there's some good reading here I think :o) Did any of these books catch your eye? Or have you read them already? Leave a comment and let me know.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.