Books for the TBR Pile... 'The Shops Are Open!' Edition

It's not just eBooks that I've been buying... ;o) I know the shops have been open for about a week but I only got paid on Friday so yesterday was the day when I went just a tiny little bit crazy with the book shopping. And it's back in the charity shops and market stalls for me; my oldest daughter turns eleven in a couple of weeks (and where did all that time go...?) so I've got to try and save a little money for the party; not quite sure what that will look like, what with everything, but we'll see... You're not here for that though, lets take a look at the books that came home with me yesterday...


Okay, I did buy a couple of books off Amazon... I'm trying to re-collect all the Dark Horse 'Conan' stories and in a slightly ironic twist, I'm doing it by picking up the Marvel reissues :o) Seriously though, picking up the Dark Horse editions, these days, is way beyond my wallet. 'Return to Cimmeria' is one I've been wanting to pick up for a long time now and I finally got the chance to do it. Expect a review sometime soon.
'The Dracula File' is me getting all nostalgic for the comics of my youth. It's another story taken from the 'Scream' comic and because the comic folded early, it's a slim volume (so you can probably expect a review sooner than 'Return to Cimmeria')


Charity shop finds this time... I've read a lot of Stephen King but have never really read 'Pet Semetary'; not after that time when I skipped to the end and saw what happened to one of the main characters... I've got it now though so will have to see if I can read a bit more this time round...
'The Armored Saint'... Now I don't follow some stuff on Twitter, as well as I should, but I do know that Myke Cole hasn't behaved in the best way, at all, and normally I'd steer clear as a result. This time though, I'm invoking the 'Charity Shop Clause' where the money goes to a good cause instead of the writer. It's a short read, what I'm after at the moment, so I'll give it a shot but more than likely won't actually review it here...


The 'Doctor Who' Target novelisations have always had a special place in my heart so when I saw these on Deptford Market, I snapped them up very quickly. That's all there is to say really :o) I'm not sure if I'll review these or just read them for the sheer hell of it, maybe both? 


More books from Deptford Market and I'll admit, I bought these because they were there and I wanted to buy actual books from an actual person (no offence Amazon but it's just not the same...) 'Jaws' is a bit of a classic so will probably feature here at some point, 'The Professionals' though? I've never seen a single episode (yeah, I know) so I'm looking at this book and wondering, 'what was I thinking...?' I'll probably read it when I'm in a slump and want to freshen things up a bit.

Not the biggest haul ever then but it's nice to hunting books in familiar territory again. What about you? What books have you bought now that you're allowed out of the house and into shops again...?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.