Cover Art! 'The Maleficent Seven' - Cameron Johnston (Angry Robot)

Shamelessly erm... 'borrowed' from those nice people at Tor.com ... 

I'm up to my ears in work, and looking for lost keys, today so while I've never read anything by Cameron Johnston (don't take it personally, there are so many authors that I haven't read anything of...), I thought I'd share the cover anyway as it brought a little colour into a drab afternoon. Okay, a lot of colour. Check it out...


When you are all out of heroes, all that’s left are the villains.

Black Herran was a dread demonologist, and the most ruthless general in all Essoran. She assembled the six most fearsome warriors to captain her armies: a necromancer, a vampire lord, a demigod, an orcish warleader, a pirate queen, and a twisted alchemist. Together they brought the whole continent to its knees… Until the day she abandoned her army, on the eve of total victory.

40 years later, she must bring her former captains back together for one final stand, in the small town of Tarnbrooke—the last bastion against a fanatical new enemy tearing through the land, intent on finishing the job Black Herran started years before.

Seven bloodthirsty monsters. One town. Their last hope.

Now, here's a cover that grabs your eyeballs and won't let them leave (which is all you can ask of good cover art really). Fire and ominous looking shadows... I'll be the first to admit that I'm more suggestible than most, when it comes to fantasy books anyway, so on the strength of the cover art alone, of course I'll be reading it ;o)

'The Maleficent Seven' comes out in August this year, which gives me a little time to at least make a small dent in the TBR pile before adding another book to it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.