Books for the TBR Pile... 'Mostly Zombies' Edition

Hey everyone, how's it going? I'm halfway towards becoming vaccinated against Covid (I even have the little 'brave boy' sticker to prove it), just need to wait between three and twelve weeks for the next dose and then I'm done :o) I'm hoping that I'm preaching to the converted here but if you're asked to make an appointment for your vaccination, just do it. It's protecting you and people around you so it makes much more sense to get it done than not.
But anyway, books.

It's been a quiet week for books this week, mostly because I'm trying to concentrate on my TBR pile (which is too big now, it really is) but also because I'm trying to save a little money this month (not for anything specific, just to see what it feels like...) Books have been showing up though and the theme of the week is definitely 'Zombies'. Let me show you,

 

I have a copy of 'The Rising' on Kindle (which is the definitive version) but really wanted one of the old Leisure paperbacks (because again, look at that cover...) so went and grabbed a copy. 'The Rising: Deliverance' was very much an impulse buy. I already have it on Kindle but saw it on eBay, fairly cheap, and just hit 'Buy'.
I think I might be gearing up to do a 'Rising Re-Read' but the funny thing is, I'll probably do it all on my Kindle... Sometimes you don't have to read books, they're just nice to have.


I love 'Elric' and I love Karl Edward Wagner's 'Kane' books (well, the ones that I've read, there's a whole load more on my Kindle that I really need to read) and 'Tales of the White Wolf' has a story where the two come together, 'The Gothic Touch'. I've been waiting for a copy of 'Tales' to become available at the right price and the other day it did. Yep, I went and bought an entire book just for one short story (well two actually, there's a Tad Williams story that I'm keen to check out, but I'm mostly here for 'The Gothic Touch') I'm reading a few more short stories these days so you can expect to see a post about this sooner rather than later.

If you spend too much time on Book Twitter, you will invariably come across @runalongwomble who is just lovely (seriously, he is everything that is good about being into books) but also has a wicked knack of being able to tempt you into buying books, often without you even realising... 'Spec Ops Z' is a monument to the folly of me being sure that the Womble would never tempt me... Shows what I know ;o)
It's a zombie book so of course I'll be reading it very soon.

And that's that for this week :o) Do you have any book purchases that you want to tell us about? That's what the comments are for...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.