Books for the TBR Pile... 'A day late but I was building Lego stuff...' Edition

This should have been the Boxing Day post but to be honest, a lot of things should have happened yesterday but didn't. I caught a rotten cold off one of my daughters (not sure which one but I have my suspicions...) so spent a large chunk of yesterday feeling all crap and sorry for myself. When I wasn't doing that, I was helping my youngest build a Lego Panda sanctuary which I'm sure you will all agree is really important stuff. Those Lego Pandas need our help people... ;o)

I did get some books for Christmas, as it happens, although to be honest, a couple were from me rather than Father Christmas. This month hasn't been an easy one so I thought I deserved a little 'Christmas Treat' for making it through in one piece. And lets be honest, I'll bet I'm not the only person here who has done that this month. And that's ok, we deserve it ;o)
I've been enjoying watching, and reading, 'Conan' again so no points at all for guessing the theme here...


I used to have a copy of this, way back in the day now, but as I moved from place to place (a few years ago) it became a casualty of a book purge. I was very pleased then to see it make a reappearance under the Christmas Tree... :o) It's a bit hefty to review all at once so you'll see a short story featured every now and then. And there are loads... I always forget how prolific Howard was and this is just his horror stuff...


As far as I'm concerned, the jury is still out on what Marvel have done with Conan since getting the rights back. One good thing they have done though is repackage the excellent 'Dark Horse Conan' material and publish it at a price that a chap like me can afford (have you seen how much the Dark Horse books go for now...?) Thanks Marvel, I appreciate it :o)
Again, I used to have a lovely collection of Conan comics that just ended up being too much trouble to drag from place to place; this book will help me start it up again :o) Review to come... Well, I don't know exactly but it will definitely happen.


So not Howard at all but I enjoyed the movie and I've always had a weakness for film tie-in books (right back to when I was a kid, often the only way I'd get to engage with a film while waiting for it to appear on television) so I had to buy it really. And I enjoyed Stackpole's 'Star Wars' books so I think I'm in safe hands here. 
Given the book's size, I reckon this is the one that you'll see reviewed first (out of the three in this post) but I've got a couple that I want to finish first ('The Dark' and 'The Bull and the Spear') so you might just have to wait for a bit.

And that's me as far as 'books received' goes this week. Not loads of books but just what I wanted so I'm winning ;o)
Did you get the books that you wanted for Christmas? Leave a comment and let me know how you did...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.