Books for the TBR Pile, 'Cheating, just a little bit...' Edition

Hey, how's it going? Did you have a good weekend? Mine wasn't too bad actually although standing in the rain, this afternoon, getting cold and wet, while the girls cycled around the playground, wasn't a great moment. Watching my youngest cycle about with her three favourite cuddly toy cats, in her new bike basket, was pretty cute though, it has to be said :o)
So I'm counting down the days until payday and then it's one last flurry of shopping before Christmas kicks off. I've still got loads to do actually, I don't normally leave it so late but there's been a lot of other stuff going on recently so it is what it is. Oh well, that's what Amazon is for...

But you're not here for these ramblings (unless you are, I don't know...), you want to know what books I've gone and found this week. Well... The short answer is 'hardly any'. Deptford Market was pretty much 'book-less' this time round and the charity shops weren't great either. It will pick up after Christmas I reckon and that's just the way that the hunt goes sometimes. You have good weeks and then there are weeks like this one. I'll be honest, One of the books you're about to see was actually bought a few weeks ago and never made it into an earlier post; oh well, better late than never?

Here goes...


 I came across the 'Lovecraft' in our local Red Cross shop and there are a few stories here that I haven't read, and it was only a pound, so I thought I'd have it. I always feel a little weird picking up Lovecraft books, what with him having been a nasty piece of work and all. The money went to a good cause though and that's the main thing. I'll probably dip in and out of this one in an 'as and when' kind of way, most likely when my longer reads aren't going so well.

'The Regent's Shadow' was originally going to be a Christmas present to myself but then I went a little crazy, buying Christmas presents for myself, and it sat on a pile of other books until I saw it today and thought it should feature here. It's the sequel to 'Watchers of the Throne', which I reviewed just over a year ago now, and I might get to it over the course of the next week or so, I could do with a little Black Library reading to cheer me up. That depends on how I get on with 'Northern Wrath' though, I really need to make some inroads into that... We'll see how it goes.

That's me for another week then :o) What are you reading? Is it any good? Leave a comment and let me know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.