'The Full Unicorn!' A 'TBR Pile' Update Post

This week has been awful and we're only just finishing up on Tuesday... I won't go into loads of detail but the doctor says it's stress and she wants me to take some time away from work. I'd love to but it's easier said than done, for a number of reasons... Oh well, lets get tomorrow done and then it's a clear run to the weekend ;o)  To balance things out a bit, I did manage to get a Christmas present, for my youngest daughter, that may well be the last one of its 'un-bought' kind in London, seriously :o) Little victories are what gets this Graeme through the day at the moment.

All of this means that I'm back in that place again where I've got a pile of books on the go but am only a few pages into each of them. You know what it's like when you find yourself nibbling on a few pages, here and there, and then dart to another book that looks more like what you're after; only to begin the cycle again ;o) The pizza delivery guy is on his way so before he gets here, lets take a look at the 'TBR Pile of Good Intentions' and see what's happening... Oh yes, the unicorn is back and this time she brought Spider Man with her...

 

Not a bad book on the pile and that's half the problem. I can't stay with a book for long but I don't want to put any of them down. Oh well, there are worse problems to have I'm sure ;o)

Being completely honest... Right now, 'King of Thorns' and 'The Last Kingdom' are the books that will most likely be finished first, both excellent books and very readable. The thing is though, so are the rest... 'Call of the Bone Ships' and 'Northern Wrath' are shaping up to be gripping reads and 'The Broken Sword' is not only gripping in itself but also a nice short read where finishing it would make me feel like I've actually achieved something ;o)

The only one I'm having a little more difficulty with is 'The Fortress of the Pearl' which is a bit of a departure from the more frantic stylings of 'Elric of Melnibone', a book that you need to work at a bit more, if you know what I mean.

I'm guess what I'm saying then is, which one of these would you like me to finish first? It's pretty much wide open, I just need a little help to really get me going ;o) Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Or don't, it's all good ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.