Books for the TBR Pile... 'Over confident six year old on a bicycle' Edition...

The title is pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. My youngest daughter learnt to ride her bike last week and now she's ready to take on the world... or whatever is in front of her on the cycle path, whatever comes first... Lets just say that you can tell where she is, on the path, by people jumping out of the way... I'm loving that she's enjoying her bike but I somehow need to help her strike a balance between that and her being careful and considerate of everyone else on the cycle paths. Oh well, it's early days... She'll learn :o)

But you're not here for a commentary on my little girl's cycling technique (essentially 'keep going forwards and everything else will sort itself out...'), you want to know about the books, don't you?

Well... It's been a really quiet week for books as it happens; partly down to all the shops being shut and partly down to me only having a few quid to last until payday (which is Wednesday, I'm almost there...) There have only been a couple of books come through the door but they're both good ones. Check them out...

Dragons have returned to the Hundred Isles. But their return heralds only war and destruction. When a horde of dying slaves are discovered in the bowels of a ship, Shipwife Meas and the crew of the Tide Child find themselves drawn into a vicious plot that will leave them questioning their loyalties and fighting for their lives.

The nice people at Orbit sent me a copy (in exchange for a fair and honest review) and what can I say other than that I'm well into it already and really enjoying being back on the 'Tide Child' again. Look for a review probably next week or a few days after that. You won't have too long to wait though ;o)

Because I enjoyed reading 'Headcrusher' so much that I had to buy 'Muzzle Blast' when I saw it going cheap on eBay. I shouldn't have done but I did ;o) No blurb required here as the front cover pretty much says it all. The plan is to save it for a 'can't get into any books' day and given the week ahead that I've got, I suspect this may well end up being Wednesday or Thursday. Either way, it's nice to have a change of book every now and then and I'm looking forward to reading about Rock killing 'Mafia bastards' very soon.

That's me then, what books have come through your door over the last week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.