'Tales from the Lower Shelves...' A New Feature for the Blog.

These are not my bookshelves by the way although I wish they were...

I wanted to come up with something new, for the blog, (the 'Books for the TBR Pile' posts seem a little hit and miss at the moment which is fair enough given as they're dependant on cool books being in charity shops...) and this is where my slightly bemused brain landed me. Lets see if it works or not...

Circumstance has led me to have to be pretty ruthless in culling the shelves, over the last few years, but I've still got masses of books in my flat. Far too many in fact, I may just have to cull a few more... But anyway.

I was looking at my books and comic books, the other day, and realised that I've unconciously put all the cool ones (that I'm likely to go back to) on shelves that are either at eye level or shelves that I don't have to bend over to get to. Because I've got arthritis in one knee and gout in my feet and there are days when it bloody hurts to pick a book from the bottom shelves. When the hell did I get so old...? Well, middle aged...

So... Some people arrange their books alphabetically, others by genre, I seem to have adopted a system of arranging my books by 'likelihood that they'll be read more than once' and 'effort it takes to get to them'. This may well explain why I have two comfy chairs right by the best bookcases... That lea
ves a number of books lurking on those bottom shelves though, through no fault of their own other than that I liked another book more. That's a bit of shame really, isn't it?

Well, before I take those books to the nearest charity shop, I thought I'd let them have their time in the sun once more and so 'Tales from the Lower Shelves' was born. A cool name and a little bit of me talking more about books that I love. Or possibly even books that I couldn't stand and put on the bottom shelf to forget about. I don't know, let's see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.