Lord Samper's Library - One Year Old Today!


A year ago today, I was thinking to myself that if I didn't start blogging again then I'd just be coming home each night and idly flicking through Youtube, pretty much just waiting to go back to work in the morning and doing the whole thing all over again... I needed something to do that would make me think a little more about what I was reading/ watching and something that would get me interacting with people outside work, even if was just on Twitter. So I hit the 'create blog' button, of course I did :o)

And now it's a year later. Wow, where did that year go? I'm talking in terms of this blog of course, we all know what this year has been like don't we...It's been an awful year out there but in this little tiny corner of the internet, it's been alright actually. My mental health hasn't been great so at times, I've been pretty impressed that I've kept things going here to be honest. Of course it helps that I'm talking about books, and stuff, that I love. Even books that don't quite work for me, I love talking about them too ;o) Having the blog has done wonders for my reading as well. I still hit a few bumps, every now and then, but it helps me focus knowing that I'll be posting about them here. Hopefully the next year will bring more of the same, I hate not reading :o) 

It has also been fun hanging out on Twitter, talking to like-minded people about books and just seeing all the amazing work that other people do on their blogs. If I was going to make a resolution for the next year, it would be to be more like you guys, and maybe to read some newer books as well (not that I'm not enjoying what I'm reading but I feel like I'm missing out with the new stuff, I just don't know where to start...) 

Of course I'm paying attention to the numbers here (we all do) but to be honest, consistency has been key this last year. If the numbers stay roughly the same, that (hopefully) means people are coming back each day and that means that I'm doing something right ;o) That's all I'm after at the moment, we'll see if things change over the next year. Thanks for visiting though, I really do appreciate it!

So not a bad year for the blog all in all :o) I'm hoping for more of the same, over the next year... but better! Let's see, shall we...?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.