In which a reading slump gives rise to another TBR Pile...

I've hit a bit of a reading slump this week. Okay, a lot of a reading slump... Nothing seems to have gone quite right this week, either at home or at work, and my ability to get into (and stick with) a good book has taken a real beating as a result. Just two more days until the weekend, just two more days...

What do you do when you hit a reading slump like this...? I'll tell you what I do... I go for this scattergun approach where I will frantically read anything to hand and see if any of hem make it past the first fifty pages. Sometimes it even works, this week though... This week, I've ended up with another little mini TBR pile to go with all the other little TBR piles that keep cropping up around the flat. The good thing about this is that I get to post a few pictures and have a 'Lazy Post Day' here :o) Look, I'm about due one of those. Don't judge me... ;o)

Take a look then and let me know if you've read any of these or if any take your fancy...

These are my two main reads, at the moment, and it's looking very much like 'The Eternal Champion' will be finished first. Nothing against 'The Last Kingdom' which is turning out to be a lot better than I thought it would be (I thought Cornwell's books were just for middle-aged Dads and, hang on...) but while Uhtred is turning out to be a bit of a bastard, Erekose just spends most of his book whining and I need someone to feel better than this week... ;o) Can't wait to get back into 'The Last Kingdom' though.

Taking my time with this one as there is currently no Volume Three and I don't think there ever will be to be honest. I'm happy to be proved wrong though! Look out for a review next week, I reckon.

I'm not one for themed reads (says the chap who once spent a week, on a much older blog, reading nothing but paranormal romance, that was fun...) but there's something about this particular October that as seen me head back to horror. 

I thought the whole point of Warhammer 40K was the horror but apparently that's not enough as the Black Library has it's own 'Warhammer Horror' line now. Once I've got the two books above out of the way, I'll be able to do a lot more with 'The House of Night and Chains' than just pick at the opening pages. It's looking good by the way, very atmospheric...

'The Living Dead' is one of those books that I'm desperate to sit down with but it's absolutely massive and I've got hardly enough time to read as it is. I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks though, maybe I'll find some time then (maybe not, let's see).

And last but not least, I've got 'King of Thorns' to get all caught up on. And I will, I know I said that last time but I will this time, erm... really!

So that's the latest mini TBR pile to pop up in my place and there's still room for a Pratchett (probably 'Guards! Guards!') to amble long and make a nest... Do any of these books take your fancy? And come to think of it, what are you guys reading? Should I read it too? Leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.