A Cover Art Post... 'Call of the Bone Ships' - R.J. Barker (Orbit)

 I can't believe it was a year ago that I read R.J. Barker's 'The Bone Ships'... It was though and here's the review to prove it ;o)  It was right at the end of the review that I said I'd be all settled down and waiting for book two... Well, it's almost that time. 'Call of the Bone Ships' is out towards the end of next month so I figured now was a great time to have a look at the cover art and blurb (there's also the small fact that I've been doing Halloween stuff with the girls so a cover art post is all I'm good for right now but it still would have been about 'Call of the Bone Ships', honest!)

First up then, the cover art...

Just look at that cover... Gorgeous, isn't it? I'm more of a 'I know what I like' kind of guy, rather than someone who knows the first thing about artwork, but I love the 'map feel' of this cover and I love how fresh and crisp it looks, I'm guessing rather like the seas that the bone ships cross... It's going to look great on my bookshelf, right next to the first book :o)
Here's the blurb if you haven't seen it already...

Dragons have returned to the Hundred Isles. But their return heralds only war and destruction. When a horde of dying slaves are discovered in the bowels of a ship, Shipwife Meas and the crew of the Tide Child find themselves drawn into a vicious plot that will leave them questioning their loyalties and fighting for their lives.

A bit short and sweet and I like the confidence behind that. You've read the first book and loved it, of course you have ;o) That's why this book isn't going to tell you any more than that blurb. It doesn't need to, you've already pre-ordered it... I wish I had that confidence sometimes but it's well placed here as far as I'm concerned. Of course I'm going to be reading it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Amazon is showing a release date of 26th November for 'Call of the Bone Ships' and considering everywhere else will be closed... that's the one I'd go with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.