'Reading Pile of Shame...'

I have been well into my Kindle recently, it's absolutely crammed full of quick reads that have been a lot of fun and don't demand too much. Well, apart from 'Space Marine' but anyway...
So yeah, I've had a lot of fun with my Kindle, I don't think I've ever used it so much and will definitely not shove it back in the cupboard when Lockdown finally comes to an end. The downside to this though is that I have been totally neglecting all the 'real' books that I bought to my ex's house when it finally dawned that Lockdown wasn't going to end any time soon...
So... While I gear myself up to write tomorrow's review (funnily enough, for a book that I've read on my Kindle...) lets have a look at the latest incarnation of the 'Reading Pile of Shame', that monument to good intentions that sadly lead us to posts like these...


Look, in my defense... Ok, there's no defending this pile is there? 'Empire of Grass' has been there far too long now. My appetite for reading HUGE books has died off, during Lockdown' but I'm hoping to get back to it at some point (yeah, right...) You'll also notice that 'Elric of Melnibone' has sneaked into the pile, just after I said I'll be doing a massive 'Elric' Re-Read... Typical :o) I'm hoping to get back into that soon (stop lying Graeme...)
'The Sailor on the Seas of Fate' has an excuse for not being read just yet (I need to read 'Elric of Melnibone' first...) but 'A Nomad of the Time Streams'... not so much.

Those are the books that have been there the longest but a special mention should also go to Terry Pratchett's 'The Shepherd's Crown', a book where I suspect I'm not the only person to have put off reading it. The book by Andrew J. Offutt is 'Conan the Mercenary'; it's just a really old book, it hasn't been on the pile that long...

I'm not too bothered about the comic books as I know I'll get to them sooner or later, probably sooner. I can see myself reading the Westerns and 'Stranger of Tempest' fairly soon as well. Well, that's the plan...

Is there anything there that you'd like me to bump up the pile?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.