Book in the Post! 'Not So Random Purchase' Edition...

I had a little bit of an 'book obsessive' moment the other day... Okay, I do this most days but normally, I'm able to stave it off by looking at my bank balance or, you know, actually reading one of the many books that are lying unread on the shelves...
Not the other day though, my lovely new copy of 'Elric of Melnibone' came through the door and I found myself thinking, why don't I get 'Stormbringer' as well...? I mean, it's not as if it's even the next book in the series (no idea what the best reading order for 'Elric' is to be honest), I'm blaming Amazon for putting the idea in my head with a little sneaky advertising (and the promise of a foreword by Tad Williams, I will literally read anything that Tad Williams has written). Anyway here it is, fresh through the door this morning.


Feared by enemies and friends alike, Elric of Melnibone walks a lonely path among the worlds of the multiverse. The destroyer of his own cruel and ancient race, as well as its final ruler, Elric is the bearer of a destiny as dark and cursed as the vampiric sword he carries - the sentient black blade known as Stormbringer.
Containing the novel which perhaps did the most to propel Elric to the forefront of the fantasy genre, along with associated short stories and other material, this volume is a vital part of any fantasy reader's library. With an introduction by Tad Williams, this collection presents Moorcock's greatest creation in a revised and approved order


I've got a few ideas for some re-read projects that I'd like to do in the near future. I've read Elric but my Moorcock reading has always tended towards Corum (and sometimes Hawkmoon) so now could be the time to go back and properly give Elric the re-read treatment. In fact, the more I think about it... Yep, I'm going to do it. No deadlines and no pressure, just reading :o)

Now, where's a decent reading order...?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)