Reading all the Books and Finishing None...


When I first started this blog, I did say that if I wasn't feeling it then you'd very likely see a post about cover art or something like that. It's been one of those weeks and now it's Friday, I'm not even in the mood to moan about cover art... Life feels like it's on hold but it keeps on moving forwards at the same time and my reading is taking a real hammering because of this strange disconnect that I'm feeling. Well, that and the immense amount of work that I really need to wrestle into some kind of shape and get it off my back. I'm missing my commute and the time it gives me to get stuck into a book. It could always be worse though :o)

So then, this is a little post to introduce you to the small pile of books that I'm picking up, reading a few pages and then popping down to read something else instead. I will finish them eventually but in the meantime...


'Luthor Huss' – Chris Wraight

This is pure, unadulterated comfort re-reading and not surprisingly, the book that I'm furthest along with. It's an interesting story with relatable characters and enough fighting to make the pages turn at just the right speed. This is the book that you are most likely to see me review next.



'Jingo' – Terry Pratchett

Because I thought I needed a laugh and it's been a while since I've read any Terry Pratchett (and even longer since I read 'Jingo'). This is a book that needs time put aside for a sustained read though and I can't seem to find that time right now. Which is really weird, as I should have more time at the moment, but anyway... Hopefully this weekend should give me a bit more time for some reading which brings me onto...


'Empire of Grass' – Tad Williams

I am loving this book but it's a book that really demands that you really get into the detail and that's briliant (Osten Ard is a lifelong favourite setting of mine) but... work mostly (my job, not the book!) I'm going to keep chipping away at this one, believe me it's worth it, but may have to use some holiday time if I'm ever going to finish it. Which brings me onto...


'Legacy of Ash' – Matthew Ward

Pretty much everything I said about 'Empire of Grass' but replace the title with 'Legacy of Ash'. I've got a very good feeling about this book, it's just a question of finding the time to read through the rest of it and see if I was right. It's massive and it's also my 'Book of Shame', having been on the shelf for far too long now...

What about you guys though? Have you got reader's block or are you like me and have several books on the go (reading a few pages before picking something else up)? What do you read to power through that block? Go on, leave a comment and let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.