Books for the TBR Pile... 'Really, Really Slim Pickings' Edition

I'm swapping this for the regular 'Saturday Doctor Who Post' because I ended up being really busy today, I've got a new cheese toasty maker though so I'm counting today as a win :o)

Yep, it has been one of those weeks for book purchasing; by which I mean the 'hunt' has fallen strangely silent. It was always going to happen though. Over the last week, I've seen the shops in Lewisham close one by one until it's pretty much just Sainsburys and Iceland left. Plus all the little takeaways actually so we can still get a kebab or a bit of chicken. There's that, I guess.

It's weird out there at the moment and I'm guessing that it's the same wherever you are. Stay safe guys, be kind to each other and especally to yourself if you're stuck indoors somewhere and can't get out. Hopefully it won't be for too long...

But the book... Yes, I did buy one book this week, more out of bloody mindedness than anything else although it has been a while since I've read any 'Deadpool' so...


Collects Cable & Deadpool (2004) #1-6. Wade Wilson and Nathan Summers are back, and this time they're stuck with each other! Can two grown men armed to the teeth with deadly genetic weaponry live together without driving each other crazy?!

Look at that Liefeld cover (which answers the question of where their feet are...) 'Deadpool' comics have got me through some tough times so I'm hoping there will be some laughs in here, along with all the bullets, the swords and so on :o) I'll try and post something about this week, work permitting.

Talking of which, here's a little look at a couple of other books that I want to review this week. One is more likely to be reviewed than the other...


Both of these books are turning out to be absolutely gorgeous reads but 'The King of Elfland's Daughter' is roughly a third the length of 'Empire of Grass' so you can hazard a wild guess on which one is more likely to be reviewed before the week is out ;o) Lets see how it goes...

That's pretty much it for now, I'm off to watch the 'Doctor Who' DVD that I should have watched this morning. Have a good one guys and remember to wash your hands and leave some food in the supermarkets for those who need it ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.