New Books for the TBR Pile: 'I should probably read some of these books now' Edition

Because it's not just the one TBR pile now... It's like the TBR pile had babies and now they're breeding with other TBR piles. I open a cupboard and there's another TBR pile, I look on the floor and there's another TBR pile. I look under the bed and... ok, there isn't a TBR pile under the bed but I think it's only a matter of time before there is one. It's not neccessarily a bad thing, it's always good to have a little choice about what to read next, but I do need to start reading a little quicker.
We'll see how that goes then but in the meantime, shall we take a little look at the books that found their way to my place this week? Of course we should...


Can you tell that I've got a phone with a working camera now? Makes these posts a little easier on the eye...  ;o) 
I've read a fair bit of Moorcock, in my time, but I've never read 'Warrior of Mars', not even when I had a copy a few years ago. The plan then is to change that but I've got absolutely no idea as to when I'll find the time. Soon hopefully.
'Tales of the Dying Earth' is one of those books that I feel like I really should have read by now (as a fan of fantasy and sci-fi). What can I say? There's only so much time in the day, week etc... I think I'll end up tackling this one one story by story over the next few weeks.


One of the stupidest things I ever did was to sell my collection of 'Goon' trades (I've actually done far stupider things but for the benefit of this post...) and if you've ever read the stories then you will know why. I'm slowly building up my collection again and finding a cheap copy of  'Once Upon a Hard Time' was a bit of a hghlight of this week. It will not surprise you at all to know that I'm reading this pretty much as we speak and there will be a review this week.


And last but not least, the books that I've found on Amazon and thought to myself, 'oh go on then...'
I'm a sucker for Jonathan Oliver anthologies (seriously, I've never read a bad one) and 'Five Stories High' looked like it could be interesting...

One house, five hauntings, five chilling stories.
Five Stories High is a collection of five novellas each set in the same house - Irongrove Lodge. This five storey Georgian mansion, once a grand detached property, has now been split into five apartments. This is a building with history, the very bricks and grounds imbued with the pasts of those who have walked these corridors, lived in these rooms.
Five extraordinary writers open the doors, revealing ghosts both past and present in a collection that promises to be as intriguing as it is terrifying.

Well... I'm intrigued, lets see if I'm terrified as well. To be reviewed soon(ish) I reckon. 

'The Wolf of Oren-Yaro' is a book that all the cool bloggers have been tweeting about so I thought I'd have some of that too ;o)  Have some blurb if you haven't seen it already...

'They called me the Bitch Queen, the she-wolf, because I murdered a man and exiled my king the night before they crowned me.'
Born under the towers of Oren-yaro, Queen Talyien inherited a deeply divided kingdom, devastated by years of war. Her marriage to the son of a rival clan was meant to herald peace, yet her fiancé disappeared before their reign could even begin.
Now, years later, Talyien receives a message that will send her across on the sea. Yet what was meant as an effort to reconcile the past leaves her stranded in a land she doesn't know, with assassins at her back and no idea who she can trust.
If Talyien is to survive, she must embrace her namesake.
A wolf of Oren-yaro is not tamed.

'The Wolf of Oren-Yaro' and I will be hanging out, and drinking coffee, today so you can expect a review very soon.
That's me then for this week, how about you? Have you bought any cool books? Of course you have ;o) Leave a comment then and tell me al about it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.