A Cover Art Post... 'The Memory of Souls (Chorus of Dragons)' - Jenn Lyons

Because I've been putting it off for well over a year now but there's no way round it. I need reading glasses as words everywhere have been getting blurry for slightly longer than I'm going to admit to. It's not like I can't read now so it's not a massive big deal. It's just that if I do read anything at the moment, I have to stop and give my eyes a break. Glasses it is then and while I'm waiting to get those sorted, you'll probably see a few more comic books and movies being reviewed here (more pictures and not so many words...) Which leads me, in a slightly roundabout way, to this cover post...

To me, cover art is all about catching the readers eye and getting them to think to themselves, 'I'm going to read that book'.All this cover art does for me is to make me feel slightly bemused and that's a real shame as I'm enjoying 'The Ruin of Kings' ... Possible spoilers in the blurb that I'm going to post just under the picture of the red-eyed elephant...


WHAT IF YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HAS TO DIE?
Now that Relos Var's plan to free the dark god Vol Karoth has been revealed and with more demons rampaging across Quur every day--the end of the world is closer than ever.
To buy time for humanity, Kihrin, Janel, and Thurvishar must convince the king of the Manol vané to perform an ancient ritual that will strip the vané of their immortality--a ritual that certain vané will do anything to prevent. Including assassinating the ones bringing the news.
Worse, Kihrin must come to terms with the horrifying possibility that his connection to Vol Karoth is steadily growing in strength. How can Kihrin hope to save anyone when he might turn out to be the greatest threat of them all?

You've got a series called 'Chorus of Dragons' so what's the only real choice to have on the front cover of your latest book...? An elephant...! Wait, what? No! Even I could tell you what needs to go on that cover and it certainly isn't an elephant, not even an elephant with red eyes... Yes, it does have a pretty cool looking 'trunk ring' but that's only going to get an elephant so far...
Yep, I'm bemused.

I guess all I can say is that this elephant had better be the most bad-ass elephant you've ever seen. Or an elephant with conjunctivitis that is utterly pivotal to the plot. I'd be happy with either...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Mad God' (2021)

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.