New Books for the TBR Pile - 'Old School' Edition

It's been slim pickings this last week but sometimes that's just the way the hunt goes. To be honest, I was kind of hoping that there would be a post Christmas/New Year surge in books being donated to charity but that was clearly wishful thinking. And to be fair, if I'm not really getting rid of any books then how can I expect anyone else to do the same?
Looking on the bright side though, though the quantity wasn't what I'd been expecting, the quality was definitely there. Check these beauties out (as always, apologies for the state of the pictures that come out of my phone)...


I'm slowly, but surely, building up my Moorcock collection again :o) This time, with the help of Oxfam in Greenwich, I was able to find a copy of 'The Ice Schooner' (which is particularly awesome as I've been hunting for a copy for what has felt like ages...) and 'The Chronicles of Castle Brass' (three books in one which is always good). It's very likely that 'The Ice Schooner' will feature here long before 'The Chronicles of Castle Brass', I need to find a copy of the first 'Hawkmoon' trilogy and read that first (got to do it in order)...


Sometimes I just despair at my complete inability to take a decent picture but there you go... Check this out though, a copy of 'The Stars My Destination' before it was even called 'The Star My Destination', how cool is that? You know how cool it is...
I need to sort out my TBR pile, and see what takes my fancy, but I've never read 'Tiger! Tiger!' (or 'The Stars My Destination' come to think of it...) so it's likely this book will find its way onto the blog in the nearish future.

How about you guys? What have you bought, this week, and do you think that it's a book that I'd enjoy? I'm always on the lookout for recommendations so leave a comment if you have one...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.