Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you had a good one last night (I did) and that you're not feeling too rough this morning (I'm not, funnily enough...) I'm also hoping that 2020 is the year you need it to be, not one of those years that just happen, I think we all need a year like that :o)

This is a book blog though though so here's a couple of my New Year's Book Resolutions...

- To enjoy my reading.

Because seriously, what's the point of reading if you don't enjoy it on some level?

- To keep chipping away at the TBR pile.

I'm aiming for a stress free year so that will involve making sure that the TBR pile doesn't spark off feelings of guilt when it gets too big (especially when I'm buying more books...) If I could have read all the books, currently on the pile, by the end of this year then that would be really cool. Not counting on it though, lets just see what happens...

- To read outside my comfort zone a bit more (okay, a lot more)

Not that there isn't something to be said for comfort reading but I think I'm ready for something(s) a little more challenging and not just white guys writing SFF and horror (although this still remains cool and very readable to me). This is a bit of a vague resolution right now but I'm hoping that it will become a lot clearer as I read more over the year.

Those are my resolutions then, what about yours? Do you have any reading resolutions or are you going to take things as they come? Either's good ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)