Books in the Post - 'Calm Before The Storm' Edition

Wow, what a week it has been and it's going to be exactly the same next week. I'm finding out, the hard way, that January is an incrediby busy month at work but you know what, that's cool. The last few months, I've realised that I'm the sort of person who needs to keep busy at work otherwise I get really depressed and it's not like there isn't loads of other things that already do that...

So this weekend then is a little oasis of calm between yesterday and all the stuff that is going to kick off next week. Let me show you some of the little bits and pieces that have come through the post and will be getting reviewed here... I've given up trying to take decent pictures on my phone so you're just getting pictures that I've swiped off Google ;o)


I've been waiting patiently for the right combination of the DVD being released and me being paid and now, everything has aligned... :o) I never saw this in the cinema but I loved the first installment (and am a long term Stephen King fan anyway) so am pretty confident that I'm going to enjoy this. Review imminent...


Norgal and Agatha have come to the city of Venoriah, finding it in utter chaos. The great egg at the center of the walled city has begun to crack. Goblins gather in the field, pike and spear in hand, to welcome their hatching doomsday god. The Sworn Swords of Venoriah line the walls to protect their city from invasion. War is imminent.

Looming ever darker still, a nameless, faceless evil hunts our heroes from afar, seeking the Warrior and The Witch. Dark servants within the city have picked up its beckoning call. With perils around every corner, can our heroes find the answers to the questions in their hearts? Or will they be swallowed by the madness of Venoriah?


I've been really enjoying the 'Headlopper' series so this was my treat to myself for getting through the week. To be reviewed over the next week or so, I reckon.


Seventeen-year-old Duncan Greenfire is alive.

Three hours ago, he was chained to the rocks and submerged as the incoming tide washed over his head. Now the waters are receding and Duncan's continued survival has completed his initiation as a Sea Wolf.
It is the 167th year of the Dark Age. The Sea Wolves and their Eastron kin can break the glass and step into the void, slipping from the real world and reappearing wherever they wish. Wielding their power, they conquered the native Pure Ones and established their own Kingdom.
The Sea Wolves glory in piracy and slaughter. Their rule is absolute, but young Duncan Greenfire and duellist Adeline Brand will discover a conspiracy to end their dominion, a conspiracy to shatter the glass that separates the worlds of Form and Void and unleash a primeval chaos across the world.
One day, I will finish the 'Long War' series but until then, 'The Glass Breaks' looks like a great way to get back into A.J. Smith's work without getting worried over how much there is to read. To be reviewed a little further along the way though, I've got a few other books to read first.


I saw this on Amazon and just had to have it so I could continue fuelling my Karl Edward Wagner buzz. There's a 'Kane' novella inside that I am really looking forward to getting stuck into...
That's all I've got for this week (and should probably think carefully about how many more books I buy without reading some first...), how about you? Any awesome finds that you want to share? Anything here that you think I should drop everything and read? Leave a comment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.