New Books for the TBR Pile – 'Where did Christmas go?' Edition


Seriously though, what happened to Christmas? Feels like I blinked at the wrong time and it just vanished... Of course, I'm not at all bitter that my week off work as just entered its last day and I'm back at the grindstone tomorrow. No, not at all... Actually, it's only a four day week so I can't really complain too much.

And it wasn't actually a bad Christmas at all, thanks for asking :o) The kids loved their presents and I loved being there for the big present opening, followed by a whole day of what felt like constantly eating great food. You can't ask for a lot more than that really and I've got a nice little stash of chocolates etc to keep me going into the New Year. Which isn't that far away now, I ought to start thinking about some New Years Reading Resolutions...

But the books, the books! It may have been Christmas but that hasn't stopped me filling in a few gaps in the TBR pile (which in itself is a New Years resolution in the making). Do you fancy a look at them? Of course you do... Before we do that though, apologies in advance for the pictures, my phone is playing up a little.

Charity Shop Shopping...

Yesterday morning was about trying to find somewhere that would fix a dropped 2DS but it was also about nipping into charity shops and seeing if anyone had dropped off anything good. Didn't do too badly if I say so myself...


'I am Legend' is definitely getting read and reviewed (and soon) as it's a bonafide classic that I love; I've probably given the game away about how that review will end but so be it.
'Soulhunter' though is a maybe as far as a review goes having reviewed it before on a much older blog. To be honest, I bought this more as a comfort read and that's how it will probably remain, unless I find something to say about it that I haven't already.
'Mother London' is part of an ongoing resolution to read and review more Moorcock here so you will definitely see more of it than just a photo. I'm not putting a timescale on reading this one though as I've got a feeling that it will require some reading (and I've got a few of his other books that I want to read first).


Books that I bought, because I wanted to!

I should probably stop doing that but it's too much fun to stop :o)


The title butchered by my camera is James Swallow's 'Garro', another entry in the Black Library 'Horus Heresy' series and a little present to myself that I put under the tree for Christmas ;o) Will definitely have it's turn under the spotlight in the next few weeks.
'Exit Wounds' is another comfort read that I suspect work stresses will have me reading sooner rather than later, with a review to follow.
'Realm of Ash' was a 'must buy' after the quite frankly awesome experience that I had reading 'Empire of Sand'. I'm not setting any time limits on reading this one (because that way lies madness) but it's also a case of reading sooner rather than later. I'll let you know how it goes.

That's pretty much me then apart from a plaintive request to cross your fingers that my work emails are nice to me tomorrow. Not just that though, if you're reading this I really want you to leave a comment and let me know what you're reading and if you think I'd like it (and even if I wouldn't). I'm always looking for new books to try and you guys are the only people who can help me... ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.