Hands Up If You Bought Far Too Many Books This Week...

Yeah, that would be me...
We've already established that in times of stress, this blogger purchases books . Well, this week was particularly stressful (what with one thing and another) so you know what happened next. Lets put it this way, I'm not going to be short of a book to read this Christmas Week (and that's not counting all the others that were already waiting to be read...) Shall we have a look at what I bought? Go on then... :o)


I treated myself to a little payday trip to the comic exchange, in Notting Hill, where I totally went old school with these two books (the pickings were a little slim that day but still...) I'm an occasional reader of Glen Cook's 'Garrett PI' books (so occasional that I had to remind myself how to spell Garrett...) so 'Red Iron Nights' was a no-brainer really. 'Worms of the Earth' was a gentle reminder that there is a lot more to Robert E. Howard than just 'Conan' so into my bag it went. These will be reviewed but not right away, not while other books are waiting patiently.


Here's a little mixture of books from Amazon and the local British Heart Foundation. I'd already found a copy of 'The Dreamthief's Daughter' so 'Destiny's Brother' and 'Son of the Wolf' pretty much bought themselves when I found them on Amazon as did 'Nunslinger' after I'd reviewed the first book the other day. Expect to see all of these reviewed, 'Nunslinger' probably sooner than the two Moorcocks.
I'm not the Star Wars fan that I used to be but I still have trouble resisting a decently priced Star Wars book in a charity shop; enter 'A Certain Point of View'... :o) I'll probably dip in and out of this one, as and when the mood takes me, so don't be surprised if you don't see a review any time soon.


Another couple of charity shop purchases... I know I should be supporting my local comic book store but a) I'm pretty sure Forbidden Planet haven't noticed and b) an extended period out of work really gets you in the habit of finding bargains rather than just buying stuff ;o)

I've never read 'Snow Piercer', or seen the movie, so was curious to see what the book was like. Volume 29 of 'The Walking Dead'? I'm slowly catching up with the series and I saw this in my local Oxfam yesterday so, another no brainer really.
Both of these titles will be reviewed here and seeing as I get through comic books a lot quicker, than regular books, you'll probably see that happen in the next two or three weeks.

I'm not even going to count my Kindle purchases (okay Karl Edward Wagner's 'Dark Crusade' and Brian Keene's 'White Fire') as I've got a busy morning coming up later; how come Christmas got here so quickly this year?
Any of these books take your fancy? And what books did you buy this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.