Books in the Post: 'Lazy Sunday Edition'

I really need to get out of bed, so much to do today...


The hunting has been good this week, so good in fact that I'm wondering whether I have an evil twin in Lewisham who is dropping these books off, incharity shops, just before I walk in... Stranger things have happened to me...
Remember last week when I was waxing lyrical about how charity shops and second hand bookshops are the best places to find books that you never even knew you were looking for? This is why...


I didn't buy loads of books this week (not a bad thing, given the state of my poor bank account) but sometimes it's about quality and not quantity. I'm particularly pleased with these two books.
'The Last Unicorn' is one of those books where it feels like everyone else has read it, and not me , so finding the graphic novel seems like a half decent place to start while I look for the book itself.
'The Last Unicorn' will be reviewed but is at the back of the 'Comic Book Queue' so maybe not for a few weeks.
'The World of Ice and Fire' is one of the books where I see a copy and think to myself, 'I may as well buy it while I'm here...' It will keep me busy while I wait for 'The Winds of Winter'. Actually, I think I could probably read it more than once in that time. Again, it will be reviewed here but you might have to wait a bit.


These posts are slowly turning into 'Which Moorcock Book did I buy this Week?' posts...
'The Dreamthief's Daughter' is one that I found in the British Heart Foundation shop and thought that I'd better have it before someone else did. What? That really is the extent of my 'book purchase thinking' sometimes. I've read it before but not for a few years now so I'll read it again and review here, don't know when but you're happy to wait aren't you?
'The Dancers at the End of Time' is one Moorcock that I've never read and this copy represents another coming attempt to do just that. I'm not making any promises as to 'when' but it will happen, probably when none of us expect it...


Well, that's my book purchases for this week, how about you? What books have come your way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Alien Harvest’ – Robert Sheckley (Titan Books)

‘Green and Grey’ & ‘Waiting Death’ (From ‘Soldiers of the Imperium: An Astra Miltarum Omnibus’ – Black Library’)

‘Wolverine : Old Man Logan’ – Millar, McNiven (Marvel)