Movie Night 3 – 'The Yawning...'


This week has been a brutal one at work so weeknights have been more about watching , and trying not to fall asleep during them, than anything else. And here's the thing, I know I've watched three movies but I can't for the life of me remember what the third movie was. Did I watch something so awful that I've erased it from my memory? Check out the two movies that I can remember watching and form your own conclusions...



'Ice Spiders' (2007)

When a young ski team training for the Olympics arrives at the remote and isolated Lost Mountain Ski Resort to focus on training, they're thrilled to find a retired Olympic skier is there to help them train. But their plans are halted when a scientist working at a nearby government lab arrives with the horrifying news that a top secret Government project has produced giant spiders and they have escaped, killing and eating everything in sight.

Quite possibly the worst CGI spiders that I've ever seen, and I've seen some pretty awful 'giant spider' films... Having said that though, I've discovered that I can really get behind actors who know they're acting with awful CGI but just go for it anyway. 'Ice Spiders' then, was a surprisingly tense film with everyone pulling together to do their best to convince the viewer that they were in danger from a lot more than just crap animation...


'Infestation' (2009)

A slacker awakes to find himself weak and wrapped in a webbing; after realizing that the world has been taken over by giant alien insects, he wakes a ragtag group of strangers and together they fight for survival.

Not much of a slacker then if he can do all of that over the course of one film... ;o)

'Infestation' was actually a lot of fun to watch , despite Amazon Prime's desperate attempts to charge me (halfway through the film) for the pleasure. Loads of giant insects on the prowl, some of which explode and shower people with slime, and a heart warming journey of redemption for Chris Marquette's Cooper. Some of the supporting cast even get turned into zombie insects! If I were to ask for anything more from a film then I'd just be plain greedy, 'Infestation' pretty much had it all for me, would definitely watch again.


And now it's back to the books and enjoying a weekend that I've been looking forward to since at least last Monday... Have a good one :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘The Long and Hungry Road’ – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Black Library)

'Mad God' (2021)

‘Worms of the Earth’ – Robert E. Howard.